feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Scaling Back

Labels: , , , , ,

As many of you know, I work in retail. As such, time and energy are at a premium. I'll try to post as often as possible, but there may be some weeks... well... like this one.

At the very least, I'll try to make up for the quantity with extra quality.

In addition to scaling back on posting, I'm scaling back on playing.

I've deactivated my Aion account. No, I'm not like many out there ragequitting. When last I played (several weeks ago) I was still enjoying the game greatly. No, it's not perfect, and NCSoft still has work to do, and it may be too little too late. That being said, it's a game I wish I had more time for. Unfortunately, it requires an investment I can't give.

I'd rather spend that time playing games like Dragon Age: Origins right now. So, I'm scaling back from all subscription-based games to focus on single-player games for a while.

Once I finish DA:O, Mass Effect 2 and Final Fantasy XIII, with a chance of Assassin's Creed 2 and others, I'll start looking back at MMOs.

I still really want to give Champions Online a go, and I'm REALLY liking Star Wars: The Old Republic. Oh yeah, there's a little thing called Cataclysm out there, too.

So, I'm not going anywhere, chumps. I'll still be posting, just not playing anything Massive right now.

2 comments:
gravatar
Awlbiste said...
December 2, 2009 at 10:43 PM  

Dragon Age is probably the most fun and immersive I've had in a game in quite a while. It has a lot of replay value as well, so worth it.

Plus? Enchantment!

gravatar
Tami said...
December 30, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

Found you via a comment on Syrana's site.

I didn't make a conscious decision to do so, but I did end up doing the same thing - closed my Aion account (not because I wasn't enjoying the game - I was) but rather because DA:O held my interest more, and I find myself moving to other console games rather than back to an MMO.

Post a Comment

Post a Comment