feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

A Transformer Christmas

Labels: , ,

It's been a while since I participated in a blogging-meme-thing.

Tamarind over at Righteous Orbs started it:

I notice that it’s a season for gift-giving, mulled wine, the warm fuzzies and what not … and, putting aside my bah humbug inclinations, I got to thinking, well, how can we can spread a little festive love around here? And, given how connective blogs are and how much we like tagging each other to write things, I came up with a Cunning Plan…

It’s basically a blog-content gift exchange (and it really needs a catchier title), and here’s how it works. If you’d like to play, leave me a comment and in return I’ll give you a subject, or ask you a question … and then you go away and blog about it. It doesn’t have to be a whole blog post, this is meant to be low pressure gift-exchange, but, you know, a comment or a paragraph, or a corner of a post (or a full post, if you want to really indulge me, or feel inspired). And if I suggest something crap or boring in which you have no interest, you can look at it as the equivalent of a pair of novelty socks, say “thank you very much, Tam” and throw it away entirely, and I’ll pretend not to notice and make a mental note not to get you novelty socks next year….

And then, if you feel like it, you can throw it open on your own blog, inviting people to comment if they’re will to blog on a subject of your choosing


Of course, these things spread, so here's my Christmas gift for Syrana.

She asked: "BESIDES Optimus Prime… who is your favorite Transformer and why?"

Soundwave.


First of all, he was the coolest toy. A tape deck (remember those?) that held OTHER Transformers shaped like cassettes. Since the cassettes were relatively inexpensive, I had crap-tons of them, but I never got my hands on the big guy himself.

In the show, he was the embodiment of "actions speak louder than words." But when he DOES speak, you better listen. Loyal to the end, he was Megatron's right hand.

Instead of blabbering on, here's a video:



I'll try to give ideas to any willing, but I fear socks may be in your future.

5 comments:
gravatar
Syrana said...
December 17, 2009 at 10:36 PM  

Awesomeness :D Now, what do I get?

gravatar
Samodean said...
December 17, 2009 at 10:38 PM  

@Syrana Feel free to answer this in the comments. As a fan of my Fiction posts, where do you think the story is heading, and where would you LIKE to see it go?

gravatar
Syrana said...
December 17, 2009 at 10:49 PM  

Oh man, I was NOT expecting that.

Well, I already know Corrigan makes it out somehow. But I know he's haunted by Sylphine... so something must happen .. something tragic.. that prevents her from being freed. I'm thinking she probably will be killed by that demon in warlock trainer clothing as she attempts to save her sister after Corrigan fights back rather than... well.. being a sacrifice.

I would LIKE to see them all be freed, but that's pretty unrealistic (and probably boring to save everyone all the time, amirite?) So, I'd like to see Corrigan save Sylphine's sister... and I'd like to see Sylphine corrupted or trapped as opposed to dead.

Even if Corrigan thinks she's dead as he beats himself up over not being able to save her.

Ya know, some retcon ;P

gravatar
Samodean said...
December 17, 2009 at 10:55 PM  

@Syrana: Being Christmas, I'll throw you a bone.

What if Rina doesn't NEED saving?

And, your scenario with Sylphine isn't TERRIBLY off from the eventual plotline, just the timing is several chapters down the road.

gravatar
Syrana said...
December 17, 2009 at 11:00 PM  

...if Rina doesn't need saving... oh man. /boggle

Post a Comment

Post a Comment